Jason Kelce reveals more SHOCKING details that caused his early retirement after struggling to make it the full distance during recent charity run – “It would have been bad for the team”

Jason Kelce Charity Run

Despite a 13-year career in the NFL, it appears Jason Kelce was not built for long-distance running… after the recently-retired superstar revealed his 5k run time on his New Heights Podcast.

Travis Kelce recalls being chased by helicopters at Sydney zoo

In the latest episode alongside his brother Travis, Jason opened up on a recent charity run he undertook in Sea Isle City, New Jersey, raising money for autism.

‘I ran/walked a 5k,’ Jason admitted when Travis mentioned him running, before the former Eagles center began to explain the day: ‘We were down there, we have a house down there now, it’s awesome when you take the girls to the beach and let them run.

‘So I tried running it… I had my Monarchs, not the best running shoes. They’re great lawn-mowing shoes, not a 5k shoe. We started off running, and I should’ve known… first of all we were late, so it had already started.

Jason Kelce Charity Run        Jason Kelce Charity Run

‘We snuck in and went, and as we’re running, we’re passing people and I’m like, “okay we’re doing pretty good here.” I should’ve known at this point, “hey, we need to slow this pace down.” So we’re running and Taylor says every 20 blocks is a mile, she just throws that out there. So I thought that was where we’re at, and I thought, “I’m cruising, I’m nailing this, I think I’m actually going to be able to do this.”

‘And then after we’re off the promenade boardwalk, and onto the street, I think I’m well past a mile, and they have a line and it says “1 mile”, and I’m just like, “oh my god”, and I know I’ve got to go three plus, and there’s just no way this is happening.’

At that point, Jason admitted that he had to start walking… ‘and then just kept walking’, after he’d ‘used up everything’ to get to that point.

Continuing the story, he adds: ‘It was hard, I’m not built for this. I’m living the story, “The Tortoise and the Hare”, that’s what old people are to me in any conditioning event. I’m going to get tired and they’re going to catch me.

‘I got smoked by everyone, it was embarrassing. Pickleball and 5ks are not something I can compete with old people in.’

And then, to complete the story, Jason revealed his time, announcing that it took him 45 minutes to complete the 5km/3.1mile circuit around New Jersey.

In response, Travis seemed shocked and exclaimed: ‘Jesus! 45 minutes for three miles?’

Despite the slightly-slower-than-average time the former NFL star recorded, it was all for a good cause and raised thousands for autism. Perhaps next year, he’ll try and beat it!

Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Left ‘Exposed’ by ‘Bizarre’ Health Rumors: Expert Reveals ‘Things are going to be difficult for her on a long run’

Meghan Markle Smiling Beautifully

Meghan Markle Is Not the Royal Family’s Biggest Diva: Here’s Who Took the Top Spot, Expert Reveals

Brittany Mahomes at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony

Brittany Mahomes is working with a member of Taylor Swift’s styling team: Here is how her Fashion Sense has Changed Since She Started

Travis Kelce FaceTiming with Taylo Swift at The Ring Ceremony

New News: New Video Clip reveals Travis Kelce was FaceTiming Taylor Swift at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony.. This Explains why Taylor Swift disappeared from Instagram Live and she REGRETS not being there at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony: See what Travis did with Patrick during the FaceTiming “Fans Shocked!!”

Kylie Kelce and Harrison Butker

Kylie Kelce finally weighs in on Harrison Butker’s homemaker speech, but Fans are UPSET about her neutral Response just like Travis Kelce

Taylor Swift watching Chiefs ring ceremony from afar

Taylor Swift stayed awake until 4am, with a 3 hr show to perform tomorrow, just to watch the ring ceremony… She’s really loves Chiefs Kingdom

Travis Kelce and Andy Reid and Taylor Swift

Andy Reid hilariously breaks silence on Travis Kelce request for early retirement to be with Taylor Swift

Travis Kelce and Mom Donna

Travis Kelce bought a vineyard worth $5 Million in Italy for mom Donna’ – amid reports the Chiefs star is looking to expand his business portfolio ahead of NFL retirement

King Charles and Prince Harry

King Charles BLUNTLY gives a STRICT Warning to Prince Harry! – ‘There are going to be consequences if you don’t stop what you are doing!’

King Charles and Princess Lilibet

Major update on King Charles’ relationship with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s daughter Princess Lilibet

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and King Charles

Sources Revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle INTENTIONALLY Didn’t Invite King Charles to Their Daughter’s Birthday, and gave him Only One Condition to accept to be able to see his Grand-daughter His Response Is Heartbreaking