Jason Kelce reveals how New Heights helped him and Travis grow closer together – “We don’t even talk to each other at all”

Jason and Travis Kelce on New Heights

Jason Kelce admitted that having a podcast with his younger brother Travis has been beneficial for their brotherly relationship.

Travis and Jason Kelce

The Kelce brothers launched their ‘New Heights’ podcast in September of 2022 and it has since become the No 1 sports podcast on Spotify and Apple music. On Friday, the Philadelphia Eagles star appeared on Green Light with Chris Long and said their weekly football program has made him and Travis closer.

‘It has been fun doing it another year, talking to my brother,’ Kelce said. ‘I haven’t been this connected with Travis, over the last two years, since college.’

‘And that has been one of the best things, probably the best thing, of the podcast. It forces us – because we are brothers, before this we would go months on our own without talking. We would text, send a funny video but [to] truly sit down and talk with him, it would be a long time.’

With the podcast’s continuous success, Kelce credited the people working behind the scenes and stated how he and Travis have to do ‘minimal’ work. He also acknowledged how they have gotten better at running the program over time.

‘They lay everything out for us, [our] intern Brandon does a phenomenal job,’ Jason shared.

‘It has been great, it’s the second year, we have gotten a lot better at it, I think. I feel like first of all we have a tremendous team – our input is very minimal, we just talk.’

Jason and Travis both attended the University of Cincinnati during their collegiate careers. The two went their separate ways in 2011 when Jason was drafted by the Eagles. Two years later, Travis joined him in the NFL but went over 1,000 miles away in Kansas City.

The brothers have found much success in their professional careers with Jason winning a Super Bowl and Travis a win away from his third.

The New Heights podcast also played a big role in Travis’ high profile relationship with popstar Taylor Swift.

In July, the Chiefs tight end revealed on the podcast that he tried to slip a friendship bracelet with his phone number to Swift during her show in Kansas City. Months later, the power couple began dating and made their relationship public in September.

Jason went on to comment on the conversations they share on the program, including ones about Travis’ love life.

‘Doing this, you know once a week we are going to sit down and talk,’ Jason said. And we are going to have very meaningful conversations, fun conversations and really know where each of us are at in our lives and that’s the most fun part about it.

‘It has reached a higher level thanks to a lot of different factors, including my brother’s love life. But I think it is fun to see people enjoy it and it is fun to see where it is at.’