Jason Kelce Confirms he will be returning to Philadelphia Eagles and not Retiring “I had a lot on my mind, but now it’s made up..”

Jason Kelce cool

A month ago, Jason Kelce’s retirement filled the front pages of sports newspapers. The fans and the media said goodbye to the iconic center of the Philadelphia Eagles and celebrated his 13-year career.

Jason Kelce

Today, the player himself has questioned all that, hinting at his return next season.

The elder Kelce has been a stalwart of Philadelphia’s offensive line since joining the team in the sixth round of the 2011 draft. In that time, Jason has put together a career that will surely take him to the Hall of Fame as soon as he is eligible, earning the respect of friends and rivals along the way.

However, after a 13-year career, the loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in this past Wild Card Round seemed to have been too much for the player. At the end of the game, the legendary center would have announced to his teammates that he was retiring, behind closed doors in the Raymond James Stadium locker room.

A few days later, Kelce himself denied rumors on the “New Heights” podcast that he co-hosts with his brother Travis, and today, he again cast doubt on all of his past claims, saying that he is still trying to make a decision.

Jason Kelce’s return to the gridiron
Speaking with Adam Lefkoe and Shaquille O’Neal on “The Big Podcast,”Kelce opened up about his possible retirement. “Still figuring it out. I think if I still want to play, I’m going to play. I think right now we’re not far enough away from the last game.”

He said that the last month has been very emotional after a long season and an end to the campaign that was not at all pleasant for him or his team. “So I’m just going to take some time, rest, recover, and then figure it out. I think I’ll have an answer in the next couple of weeks,” he clarified.

Almost since speculation about his future began, the Eagles lineman assured that his first statements were taken out of context. Therefore, he now warned that any decision he makes in this regard, he will announce it on his own terms.

What would Kelce’s future be if he retires?
Although there have been rumors that he has already been in talks with television networks such as ESPN and Fox to take a position as a sports analyst, in the conversation with Lefkoe and O’Neal, Kelce hinted that he is also considering a position as a coach.