I’ve found that being kind and being genuine and being who I am and true to that, it’s the right way to live,” Kelce said of his friendly personality

Travis Kelce says his friendly personality is thanks to his parents, Donna and Ed Kelce.

Kelce, 34, spoke to reporters during a media availability at the Kansas City Chiefs minicamp on Tuesday, June 11, where he was asked about David Njoku’s recent comment that the tight end is “one of the nicest individuals” he’d ever met.

Kelce competed in and won Njoku’s Celebrity Softball charity game in Eastlake, Ohio, on Saturday, June 8.

The Chiefs star’s face lit up at the mention of Njoku, 27, who currently plays for the Cleveland Browns. “He’s one of a kind, man, and I’m so excited for his upcoming season,” Kelce said of his friend (and fellow NFL tight end) before crediting his Donna and Ed with raising him to be so kind.

I appreciate him saying those kind words but, you know, I like to say my father would slap me silly if I was any other way,” Kelce said of the compliment.

Sometimes you just gotta straighten up and do the right things,” the tight end continued. “And I think over the course of my life, I’ve found that being kind and being genuine and being who I am and true to that, it’s the right way to live.”

Kelce added, “My mom and my dad are the reason I’m always a friendly guy.”

The three-time Super Bowl champion was all smiles during Njoku’s tournament.

Also during Tuesday’s presser, the superstar tight end spoke about the continued thrill he gets from football as he prepares for a new season with the Chiefs.

“I know I’m 34 years old, about to be 35, but I have a love to do this right here,” he said of working with his team. “In the middle of the heat in June, I love coming to work every single day and I’m going to do it ’til the wheels fall off.”

For more People news, make sure to sign up for our newsletter!

Travis Kelce is Tired
CELEBRITY22 mins ago

Travis Kelce is TIRED of attending his girlfriend Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Shows, Recent Video of the Chiefs Star Shows how UNHAPPY, BORED and FRUSTRATED he looks as Fans takes Video of him during the Show: “Karma is the guy that is Tired!”

Caitlin Clark Attitude
CELEBRITY1 hour ago

Catlin Clark is getting ‘KICKED OUT’ of Indiana Fever Team after her Recent BAD ATTITUDE at the recent Indiana Fever VS Dallas Wings Game, Watch Video of the Incident that caused this decision: As she slams her water bottle on the floor in front of teammate, and her negative remark during the last Timeout… Is this a bad attitude by Caitlin Clark?

Kate Beckinsale

Kate Beckinsale SLAMS haters with hot swim-suit but faces Backlash later

King Charles and Queen Camilla

King Charles’ birthday gift for Queen Camilla’s 77th Revealed!

Queen Camilla and King Charles

Queen Camilla Turns 77! And She demands from King Charles for Prince Andrew’s property worth £50,000,000 as a Birthday gift after repairs and renovations on the property: “I deserve more than this and I need to be Celebrated because…”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton

Meghan Markle’s Hollywood Circle have Crumbled and Fell Apart, and She’s now using her Royal Family Connections to get into Hollywood, And the Royal is who she swore never to relate to because of previous…

Keanu Reeves and Girlfriend

Keanu Reeves and girlfriend Alexandra Grant Shockingly SPLIT after making rare joint appearance at motorcycle race in Germany… Read More

Adele Crying

Adele leaves fans confused after announcing she’s Retiring from music because of… Read More

Shannon Doherty

Shannen Doherty last images before her death Revealed, and we are heartbroken… “She desperately wanted to live”

Jason's ex-teammate Johnson interview

Breaking News: Jason Kelce is returning to play for the Philadelphia Eagles this Season! – This Shocking Reveal came after Jason’s ex-teammate makes shocking revelation about Jason leaving something important to him behind…

Jennifer Aniston

Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon BOTH score nominations for The Morning Show – as they go head-to-head in fiercely competitive category

Travis at the Eras Tour

Travis Kelce DITCHES Chiefs Training Camp and has been SPOTTED at the Eras Tour in Gelsenkirchen to Support his Girlfriend Taylor Swift: “He’s looking so Handsome”, “The things you sacrifice for love…” – See Clear Photos and Clips