WATCH Jason’s Dad Ed in tears as Donna Comforts him when Jason emotionally talks about the importance of fathers in his retirement speech: “The best things to be in this world is a father”

Jason Kelce announcing his retirement

Jason Kelce has announced his retirement from football in an emotional press conference.

Jason Kelce's Dad Emotional

The Philadelphia Eagles legend burst into tears before he even started speaking and then finally ended months of speculation as he ended his career on Monday after 13 years in the NFL.

Kelce announced the decision with his brother Travis, wife Kylie and parents Ed and Donna in attendance at the Eagles’ team facility. Footage showed Travis, who wore sunglasses throughout, crying as he watched on.

Jason Kelce announcing his retirement

He needed 45 minutes to recount his career from his childhood in Ohio to his final days with the Eagles through tears, laughter and many thanks to his biggest influences before he finally announced he was retiring.

‘I have been the underdog my entire career,’ he said. ‘And I mean this when I say it, I still wish I was.’

Here is the video of Jason talking about fathers:

An emotional Kelce struggled to get his words out – regularly pausing for long periods and his voice breaking as he tried to hold back the tears.

Talking about his relationship with his younger brother, Kelce said: ‘This is where it’s gonna go off the rails.