Travis Kelce Shares his retirement ‘goal’ and reveals when he’s ‘going to retire’ and it’s ‘soon’ days after he made a statement of not retiring soon “Taylor must have shouted some sense into him”

Travis Kelce in New Heights

Travis Kelce isn’t planning on hanging up his jersey anytime soon, but the Chiefs player knows he wants to call time on his career on his ‘own terms.’

Travis Kelce in New Heights

The Kansas City star detailed his ideal retirement plan while chatting to his brother Jason, a few months after the former Eagles center hung up his own cleats.

‘I think you were very fortunate that you were able to go out on your terms and that’s the goal,’ Travis said on Wednesday’s episode of the New Heights podcast, ahead of his 12th season in the NFL.

‘If I can go out on my terms and not have something happen to my body, like a big-time injury to where I have to step away, that’s the biggest goal in football to be able to do it on my terms,’ he explained.

Jason, who retired in March after 13 seasons in Philadelphia, called it quits because he felt he wasn’t performing at a high level anymore.

‘I love playing at it at a level where I know I can have a bunch of success,’ the three-time Super Bowl champ said.

‘I know I can go out there and catch a flat route and turn it into a 15-20-yard gain and make a few guys miss, the moment that I can’t do that, I think that’s when I’m going to be when I’m like, “alright, what am I doing this for?”‘ Travis went on.

‘I get excitement out of catching a ball, splitting a bunch of defenders and getting a huge first down when nobody expected me to do it. Or I scored a huge touchdown in a playoff game in the fourth quarter when the team needed it the most.’

‘The moment that I can’t do that, and I’m playing it at an average or a less of a successful level than I am right now, I think that’s when I’m probably going to call it quits.’

His comments came one week after addressing his retirement while speaking to reporters at the Chiefs’ minicamp.

‘I love coming to work every single day. Obviously, I know there’s opportunities outside of football for me. I think you’ve gotta keep in perspective that I’m a little kid when I come in this building,’ he said earlier this month.

‘I’m gonna do it until the wheels fall off. Hopefully, that doesn’t happen anytime soon. I can definitely understand that it’s toward the end of the road than the beginning of it. I just gotta make sure I’m set up for after football as well.’

Meanwhile, Travis’ teammate Chris Jones insisted he has ‘four or five more years’ left in him.

‘We can’t let TK go,’ the defensive tackle added.

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift Wrap Arms Around Each Other During Night 2 of Eras Tour in Gelsenkirchen, while Travis was seen comforting crying Taylor: “She’s missing him already”

Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift fans mourn Travis Kelce’s last EVER Eras Tour appearance ahead of new NFL Season and also the answer fans have been waiting for on the Engagement rumors

Kate Middleton and Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle suffer Big Blow after Kate Middleton’s Shocking Appearance: Meghan React after Kate steals her Spotlight from a Show…. Read More

Simone BIles

Was Simone Biles Really AXED from Olympics after being Caught Drinking at Training Camp a Week Before the Start of Paris 2024? – Truth Revealed!

Kate Hudson

Kate Hudson has been GRILLED after making a Surprise Personal Hygiene Confession: “I don’t wear and use any…”

Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez

Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck FINALLY Breaks Silence on Divorce Rumors: “It has been Finalized and we are no…”

Ben Affleck and Violet and Jennifer Lopez

Ben Affleck gives his daughter Violet a HARSH Warning about his Wife Jennifer Lopez amid divorce tension.. “Stop!”

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

All you need to know about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce Inspired Kansas City Chiefs-themed Hallmark Christmas movie: Plus, a Shocking New Twist!

Travis and Taylor Together

Inside Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce’s $50K-Per-Night Hotel Suite During Eras Tour in Germany: A Glimpse at the Local Dish They’ve Been Enjoying

Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Watch as Taylor Swift Carries her boyfriend Travis Kelce’s arm to wrap around her as they exit the Night 2 of The Eras Tour Gelsenkirchen: “She misses him already and looks like she’s crying… and Travis was comforting her”

Travis Kelce is Tired
CELEBRITY2 days ago

Travis Kelce is TIRED of attending his girlfriend Taylor Swift’s Eras Tour Shows, Recent Video of the Chiefs Star Shows how UNHAPPY, BORED and FRUSTRATED he looks as Fans takes Video of him during the Show: “Karma is the guy that is Tired!”

Caitlin Clark Attitude
CELEBRITY2 days ago

Catlin Clark is getting ‘KICKED OUT’ of Indiana Fever Team after her Recent BAD ATTITUDE at the recent Indiana Fever VS Dallas Wings Game, Watch Video of the Incident that caused this decision: As she slams her water bottle on the floor in front of teammate, and her negative remark during the last Timeout… Is this a bad attitude by Caitlin Clark?