The father of star Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes was arrested in the days leading up to Super Bowl 2024 and NOW again he Faces Up to 10 Years in Prison for DWI

Patrick Mahomes Sr. faces up to 10 years in prison after felony DWI indictment

The father of star Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes has been indicted on a felony charge, listed as “driving while intoxicated” for a third or more time, after his February arrest eight days before the Super Bowl.

Patrick Mahomes and Dad

Patrick Mahomes Sr., a former MLB pitcher with the Twins, Red Sox, Mets, Rangers, Cubs and Pirates, was hit with the charge last Thursday, according to Smith County, Texas court records reviewed by The Post, following an arrest before the Chiefs’ second straight Super Bowl win earlier this year.

A third conviction carries up to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine, per Texas law.

The 53-year-old Mahomes Sr. was arrested in Tyler, Texas, in early February on a charge of DWI, his third DWI offense.

He was driving with an open 16-ounce Coors beer in the center console when stopped by authorities, according to an affidavit obtained by The Post.

He received his second DWI charge in 2018.

Prior to the championship contest between the Chiefs and 49ers on Feb. 11, the younger Mahomes offered minimal insight on his father’s arrest.

“He’s doing good,” the 28-year-old quarterback said during the Super Bowl Opening Night festivities in Las Vegas.

“Don’t really want to get into it too much, but he’s doing good for whatever the situation is.”

Mahomes Sr. was seen on the field at Allegiant Stadium after his son led the Chiefs to a 25-22 overtime victory against the 49ers, according to pics shared by his other son, the 23-year-old Jackson Mahomes.

The elder Mahomes played 11 seasons in MLB and spent the 1999 and 2000 seasons pitching for the Mets.