SNL star Heidi Gardner shared how she felt “protective” of Travis Kelce when he hosted the show last year after his Super Bowl win…. ‘I wish he was single…’

Travis Kelce and SNL Cast Member Heidi Gardner

Travis Kelce won big in 2023 between his relationship with Taylor Swift, on top of a Super Bowl win followed by a well-received “Saturday Night Live” hosting gig.

Heidi Garner and Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

“SNL” cast member Heidi Gardner revealed on Friday on “Today with Hoda & Jenna” that she was a fan of the Chiefs’ tight end, being a Kansas City, Missouri native, and felt “very protective” of the NFL star when he appeared on the show.

The hosts joked that Gardner “loved him before Taylor” and she laughed and agreed, “I did! I loved him very much.”

Gardner actually suggested Kelce as an “SNL” host to executive producer Lorne Michaels. According to her, he agreed, but said, “He has to win the Super Bowl.”

She continued, “And I was like, That’s a really big ask! And then he went and won the Super Bowl!”

“And then I feel like he hosted ‘SNL’ and he won ‘SNL,’ he did such a great job,” she added.

Kelce hosted the March 4 episode of the sketch show, shortly after his second Super Bowl win.

Travis Kelce and SNL Cast Member Heidi Gardner

As a fan, Gardner said, “I was very protective. I asked him questions, which also as a sports fan I was just interested in, but I was like on game day, what do you eat? And he was like, ‘Oh, Uncrustables, I’m just pounding Uncrustables…Even during the games, just Uncrustables.”

“And so, the Saturday of the show, I went to the store, I got Uncrustables, I was like I want this to feel as much like home as I can,” she said.

The gift seemed to work and Kelce aced his hosting gig.

He even revealed to Gardner before a scene that he appreciated her efforts.

“It was cool, right before dress rehearsal, we were in a scene where—sorry Taylor—we were in bed together…but he leaned over into me right before lights up on the scene, and he was like, ‘I’ve been eating Uncrustables all day.’ And I was like, ‘cool.’”

Kelce stepped out over the weekend at the Kentucky Derby without Swift, who he’s been dating since early fall last year. Swift is due to pick up her Eras tour in Paris later this week.

Kate Middleton

Kate Middleton Left ‘Exposed’ by ‘Bizarre’ Health Rumors: Expert Reveals ‘Things are going to be difficult for her on a long run’

Meghan Markle Smiling Beautifully

Meghan Markle Is Not the Royal Family’s Biggest Diva: Here’s Who Took the Top Spot, Expert Reveals

Brittany Mahomes at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony

Brittany Mahomes is working with a member of Taylor Swift’s styling team: Here is how her Fashion Sense has Changed Since She Started

Travis Kelce FaceTiming with Taylo Swift at The Ring Ceremony

New News: New Video Clip reveals Travis Kelce was FaceTiming Taylor Swift at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony.. This Explains why Taylor Swift disappeared from Instagram Live and she REGRETS not being there at the Chiefs Ring Ceremony: See what Travis did with Patrick during the FaceTiming “Fans Shocked!!”

Kylie Kelce and Harrison Butker

Kylie Kelce finally weighs in on Harrison Butker’s homemaker speech, but Fans are UPSET about her neutral Response just like Travis Kelce

Taylor Swift watching Chiefs ring ceremony from afar

Taylor Swift stayed awake until 4am, with a 3 hr show to perform tomorrow, just to watch the ring ceremony… She’s really loves Chiefs Kingdom

Travis Kelce and Andy Reid and Taylor Swift

Andy Reid hilariously breaks silence on Travis Kelce request for early retirement to be with Taylor Swift

Travis Kelce and Mom Donna

Travis Kelce bought a vineyard worth $5 Million in Italy for mom Donna’ – amid reports the Chiefs star is looking to expand his business portfolio ahead of NFL retirement

King Charles and Prince Harry

King Charles BLUNTLY gives a STRICT Warning to Prince Harry! – ‘There are going to be consequences if you don’t stop what you are doing!’

King Charles and Princess Lilibet

Major update on King Charles’ relationship with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s daughter Princess Lilibet

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and King Charles

Sources Revealed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle INTENTIONALLY Didn’t Invite King Charles to Their Daughter’s Birthday, and gave him Only One Condition to accept to be able to see his Grand-daughter His Response Is Heartbreaking