Is Patrick Mahomes really a cheater? – Patrick Mahomes Spills beans on key move with Travis Kelce that Andy Reid pushes Chiefs QB to perfect

Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes on Field

One of the most impressive attributes of Patrick Mahomes is his unpredictability. The Kansas City Chiefs quarterback also has a lot of improvisation in his game, which makes him not only a magic player but one who can dissect a defense out of nowhere.

Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes on Field

There’s one specific attribute, however, that hasn’t been done in his career: a behind-the-back pass. Yes, that’s far from ideal, but we’re talking about a three-time Super Bowl winner in six seasons as a starter, and one who has given us things like the no-look pass. And Mahomes has revealed that, if it was up to Andy Reid, he would have already thrown it:

“We didn’t play as well offensively enough for me to pull the behind-the-back pass off last year, but it’s no one else’s fault than myself, because coach Reid wants me to throw it behind the back more than anyone in the world. He deliberately puts in plays that I have the opportunity to throw the ball behind the back. It’s not a coaching thing, it’s me not having that confidence to do it in the game, but one of these games, man, we got to do it, and hopefully it’s to Travis, because I feel like he’s the best at judging that behind the back pass